For people who think that Chandigarh is just another city, you’re wrong. You just need to visit it in order to find out what this city actually is! The food here is equipped with the goodness of Punjabi flavours. Quoted as the ‘perfect city in the world’ by a BBC article, Chandigarh should definitely be in your top city list to visit this year.
Don’t worry there are plenty of things to do while you’re in Chandigarh, we are providing you with some of them :-
- Whenever you visit this city, you should definitely go to Punjab University and taste some rajma chawal at the student centre. Its finger licking good!
- Experience your love for art and culture by watching a play at the Tagore Theatre located at Sector 18B.
- Are you a night lover? Then ‘The City Beautiful’ is going to be a paradise for you. There are plenty of bars and clubs that can make you groove on the latest music.
- Chandigarh’s Pal dhaba is definitely worth a try if you are a chicken lover.
- Sector 17 is meant for shopaholics. It doesn’t has any fancy malls as you might be wondering but if you haven’t been here, you probably haven’t seen Chandigarh.
- One of the famous places to visit in Chandigarh, Sukhna Lake is a heaven for nature and peace lovers. While you are there, don’t forget to take the boat ride as well.
- Capture a selfie at the Open Hand Monument.
- Drive an hour further from Chandigarh in order to witness the beauty of hills.
- Experience the beauty of Paris in Chandigarh by posing in front of the desi Eiffel Tower.
- Watch Nek Chand’s creativity unfold right in front of your eyes in the form of a best-out-of-waste garden, Rock Garden. The only garden that is ornamented with recyclable and waste materials.
- Cheer for India and experience thrill by watching cricket matches at PCA, Mohali.
- If you are an outdoor game lover then you can enjoy a game of golf at the lush green Chandigarh Golf Club.
- Ditch the fancy malls and watch a movie sitting in a balcony seat at an actual theatre known as Neelam Theatre located at Sector 17.
- Have a closer look at wildlife by visiting Chhatbir Zoo.
- Cherish and appreciate Le Corbusier’s fantastic vision by visiting the Tower Of Shadows made by him to study the sun movement, in the Capitol Complex.
- Visit the unique and exceptional Doll Museum having an interesting collection of dolls and puppets from all across the world, in Sector 23.
- Admire and praise the varieties of flowers at the Rose Garden located at Jan Marg, Sector 16B.
We admit that it is a long list but this isn’t the end. Chandigarh has a lot more to offer which will make you pack your bags instantly! Come, experience the beauty of the city and find out why its called the ‘city beautiful’.
About the Author
Megha Harsh serves as a content writer at The Ideaz Factory. She has been a student of Print Journalism at the Indian Institute of mass communication. A writer by day and reader by night, she is loathe to discuss herself in third person. In addition to writing blogs, she also has interest in writing poems.